Ocala’s Leader in Metal Furring Channel and Steel Framing Supplies
Gator Gypsum maintains a complete inventory of metal framing supplies for both commercial and residential building requirements. Our Ocala yard has an extensive selection of in-stock metal furring channels, steel studs and track systems, and other essential accessories.
- All of our steel frames are sourced from galvanized mill-certified steel, and are available in many different weights, lengths, and sizes.
- Our Lakeland location has a wide variety of steel framing, track system accessories and structural steel studs, suitable for all of your residential and commercial requirements.
- Our Lakeland staff will help you choose the best steel framing for your building requirements.
Some of the products we offer at our Ocala yard include:
- Metal furring channel – available in 7/8 inch and 1-1/2 inch depths in 25, 20, 18 and 16 gauge
- Shaft wall studs, track and jamb struts – created as rigid high performance products to maintain shaft wall integrity, manufactured in 25 gauge, 20 gauge and 18 gauge
- Light gauge structural steel studs and track – designed for use in interior non-load bearing designs, manufactured in thicknesses from 15-33 mils
- Heavy gauge cold formed steel studs, track and joist – designed for use in curtain wall and load bearing applications, manufactured in 20 gauge to 16 gauge with flange/leg sizes ranging from 1 1/4 inch to 3 inches
Our Ocala steel products offer an economical and practical solution for attaching plasterboard to stairwells, bulkheads, corridor ceilings, fire and acoustic rated walls, and internal and non-loading bearing partitions. Call our knowledgeable Ocala yard staff today for a consult on the best steel framing for your project.
Our Ocala Metal Furring Channel is the Superior Choice for Corrosion-Resistant Walls
Drywall furring channels are hat-shaped framing components that are corrosion-resistant. They are ideal for furring out ceiling assemblies and masonry walls. They can be used for:
- Drop ceiling applications – furring channels can be attached directly to the underside of the building structure using drywall furring channel clips, tie wire, screws or power-driven fasteners. Heavier gauge furring enables greater spans and loading capacity. Eighteen or 16-gauge furring is commonly used for purlins in exterior applications.
- Concrete wall applications – the furring channel is installed vertically to the wall surface using concrete nails or power-driven fasteners. Gypsum panels are then screw-attached to the furring channels.
When It Comes to Our Steel Framing Products, We Only Work with the Best
Gator Gypsum is dedicated to superior customer service, so we partner with top brands to bring you full manufacturing support for all your steel framing and accessory requirements. Some of our brands include:
- Philips Manufacturing
We offer full stock and scatter service for all our customers, meaning our advanced fleet will deliver your order to your specified jobsite location. Or, you can make a will-call order at our Ocala yard. We know that high quality steel framing is a popular choice for both residential and commercial construction requirements, so we stock a full range of steel products and accessories year round.
Steel framing is an indispensable component of a solid building design, but acoustic ceilings are important, too. Check out the selection of Armstrong products we offer at our Ocala yard.