In the 1930's the Phillips head screw was developed by Henry F. Phillips. The screw was originally designed for automobile manufacturers, and was first used in the late 1930's Cadillacs. The screw was designed to be driven by an automated screw driver with increasing force until it would cam out. What many people today consider a design flaw was actually a feature. Much less operator fatigue. The best of all worlds!
WARNING:Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov